Thursday, December 16, 2010

More food, coming from a freezer near you . . .

Mr. says the blog is off to a roaring start (thanks for the bump, guys!), so I figure I should get back to my proverbial roots - it's time for a food post!

I know it's December, but here in Tucson we've been having some incredibly warm weather - and this sweet treat is just the cure.

And yes, that really sums up the instructions.
Thanks to my father for coming up with this pretty, easy, and even kinda healthy dessert idea! How we did it:
  • Arrange two thin cantalope slices in a small bowl.
  • Use a melon-baller to add three scoops of each of the following sorbets:
    • Lemon
    • Peach
    • Raspberry
    • Mango
  • Top with a handful of raspberries (or really any kind of berry - go crazy with this!
One final tip: make sure the sorbet is really good and frozen before trying to scoop it - things can get goopy fast! In a perfect world, you should end up with 12 perfectly balled sorbet bits smiling up at you. In my world, you end up licking sorbet juice off your fingers and hoping no one minds the smushed appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment