Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peace on Earth

With the holidays and all that going on -- and now that finals are over! -- I've been thinking up a new piece. I don't want to give too much of it away right now, but I can say that it deals directly with the theme of Peace on Earth that we hear repeated so much around the holidays. In spirit of that, my current cover song obsession: "Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy." David Bowie and Bing Crosby sang it first, and Will Ferrel and John C. Reily have a parody video up on Funny or Die which is actually quite good.


The Original:



The Parody:


I'm loving the way they skewer the old "unscripted scenario" format. That, and how spot-on the caricatures are. Hilarious.


And then of course there's Jack Black and Jason Segel, with their own animated - and rocktastic - version. Sorry the screen's so big - hopefully I'll get it down to a smaller size once Mr. comes home and teaches me how to do the html (Yes, I know I could Google it myself, but according to Good Wives Weekly*, sometimes I just need to let him open the jar for me - then get him his drink and keep the children away so he can unwind after a hard day at the office).

UPDATE: Video's fixed, Mr. saves the day again!




I'm loving it.

*Not a real publication, as far as I'm aware -- but these are actual wifely advice tidbits)

No comments:

Post a Comment